Dr Varun Gulati, Associate Professor, PhD (HPU)
MA, MPhil, PhD
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi
The idée mère of my interests is drawn to the intersectionality of experiments and self-realization, ethical/spiritual mount and innate innocuity. The great Śāṇḍilya’s cosmological observation of human life helped me to develop a conceptual framework of universal reality. The brilliantly expounded notion – “Verily, this whole world is Brahma. Tranquil, let one worship It as that from which he came forth, as that into which he will dissolved, as that in which he breathes” (The Chāndogyopaniṣad, 3.14.1.). – is the nub of my research interests.
My debut fiction Literary Critters (2017) explores a potpourri of diverse voices and characters who act like the amanuensis of a variety of ideas, quite enriched and perfected as if they wear the grab of a common catholicity. I have edited Contemporary Women’s Writing in India (USA: Lexington Books, 2014), Scripting Dance in Contemporary India (USA: Lexington Books, 2016), Innovations in English Language Teaching in India (USA: Lexington Books, 2017), Multicultural and Marginalized Voices of Postcolonial Literature (USA: Lexington Books, 2017), Hilary Mantel to Eleanor Catton: A Collection of Critical Essays on Booker Prize Winners (London: Qunitus, 2018), and Transcending Marginality: Revisiting Truth, Morality and Ethics in Buddhism (New Delhi: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, 2021).
Associate Professor of English, Faculty of Arts, University of Delhi. 2022-present.
Assistant Professor of English, Shivaji College, University of Delhi. 2014-2022.
Assistant Professor of English, S.D. College (Lahore), S.A. Jain College, AIMT, MMU, GITAM, MGIT. 2004-2014.
ENG III (Core): Post-Independence Indian Literature
ENG VIII (Core): Disability Studies and Literary Representations
Sem I: Indian Classical Literature, Twentieth Century Indian Writing (i)
Sem II: Indian Writing in English
Sem III: Popular Literature
Sem VI: Postcolonial Literatures
Select Research Papers:
- Gulati, Varun. “Tendulkar’s Silence! The Court is in Session: Social Criticism and Individual Tragedy.” Language in India, Vol 7, (August 2007): 1-6.
- Gulati, Varun. “A Study of M.G. Vassanj’s No New Land.” Notions: The Journal of English Literature, Vol II.1, (2011): 117-125.
- Gulati, Varun. “Jhumpa Lahiri’s “Unaccustomed Earth” – Displacement And Liberation.” Research Journal of English Language and Literature, Vol 4, (October-December 2016): 70-78.
- Gulati, Varun. “From Marginality to Congruity: Revisiting Marginality through a Canonicity of Jain and Sikh Literature.” Drishti: the Sight II, Vol IX, (November-April 2021): 259-263.
- Chakraborty, D Chakraborty, V. Gulati, and V. Prasad. “Comparative Analysis of Ambition in Shakespeare’s Macbeth and Milton’s Paradise Lost.” Specialusis Ugdymas 1.44 (2023): 710-720.