The Department of English
Has the same year of inception as the University of Delhi, 1922. The Department offers degrees at MA, MPhil and PhD levels and oversees undergraduate teaching at the 79 Colleges which are affiliated to the University. From 1970 the Department began functioning from two campuses: the main Campus at the Arts Faculty, North Delhi. Students also enroll at the Non-Collegiate Women's Education Board for the MA degree. We provide intensive mentoring to our students both in and beyond the classroom in a wide variety of forums. Ongoing lectures, film screenings, symposia, conferences, and colloquia on interdisciplinary themes make up our calendar.
- Notifications for MA Semester I students
- Notifications for MA Semester III Students
- Notification Regarding Talk by Prof Shalini Puri- Dec 1, 2023
- Elocution Competition on the topic “Role of the Tribal freedom fighters in Nation building” by the Department of Anthropology.
- Notification Regarding Winter Break