Preferred Contact Hour: By Appointment
Assistant Professor, Department of English, University of Delhi (January 2023—)
Assistant Professor, Department of English, Tagore Government Arts and Science College,
Pondicherry University (March 2018- December 2022)
Assistant Professor (Adhoc), Department of English, Janki Devi Memorial College,
University of Delhi (July 2011- March 2018)
Courses Taught (MA)
Early Modern World
Post-independence Indian Literature
The Long Twentieth century
Violence and Memory Studies
Postcolonial Literature and Theory
16th and 17th Century Drama
1. Recipient of the Charles Wallace India Trust Fellowship (01 January 2022 to 30 April 2022) by the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (IASH), the University of Edinburgh, UK.
2. Awarded the Susan Manning International Workshop grant by IASH for Conducting an international workshop on “Decolonial Praxis/es of Solidarity in South Asian Literary and Cultural Discourses on Social Movements” (27-28 April 2022)
3. Recipient of the Research Associateship by the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, 2014-15 and 2015-16. Representative Publications
Writing Gender, Writing Nation: Women’s Fiction in Post-independence India. London:
1. “The Slippages of Government Reports on Women: An Analytical Survey.” Women’s
Link, Jamia Millia Islamia, volume 28, issue1, January 2021.
2. “Rethinking Powers of Political: The National Emergency and the J.P. Movement in
Rahi Masoom Raza’s Katra Bi Arzoo.” The Journal of Commonwealth Literature,
Sage Publications, Online First Published: 16 May, 2020; DOI:
3. “Negotiating Structural Inequalities –Marriage, Sexuality and Domesticity in Mridula
Garg’s Chittacobra.” The Journal of Commonwealth Literature, volume 53, issue 3,
2018. pp. 430-447. DOI: 10.1177/0021989416671172
4. “Negotiating Structural Inequalities in Post-independence India- The Case of
Deserted Women and Widowhood in Indira Goswami’s Neel Kanthi Braja and A
Saga of South Kamrup.” Society and Culture in South Asia. South Asian University
and Sage Publications, India, volume 3, issue 1, 2017. pp. 1-23. ISSN-2393-8617.
5. “The Marvelously ‘Real’ World of Dastan: Khatri’s Chandrakanta and the Dynamics
of Nationalism in Colonial India.” South Asian Review, volume 37, issue 2, 2016. pp.
152-176. ISSN- 0275-9527. DOI: 10.1080/02759527.2016.11933067
6. “Mapping the Gendered Contexts of the ‘Glocal’ Nation: A Critical Rereading of
Alka Saraogi’s Kali-katha Via Bypass.” Indian Journal of Gender Studies, volume 23,
issue 2, 2016. pp. 286-305. ISSN- 0971-5215. DOI: 10.1177/0971521516635348
Chapters in Book
1. “Negotiating Gendered Contexts of the Nation State: A Reading of Amrita Pritam’s
Select Fiction.” In Amrita Pritam: The Writer Provocateur, edited by Hina
Nandrajog and Prem Kumari Srivastava. Routledge, 2023.
2. “Gandhi and Peasant Organizations in Colonial India: A Reading of Satinath
Bhaduri’s Dhorai Charit Manas” In Gandhi in India’s Literary and Cultural
Imagination, edited by Nishat Zaidi and Indrani Das Gupta. Routledge, 2022.
3. “Democratising the Language of Feminist Expression: English and Bhasha Contexts
of Indian Women’s Writing.” In English Studies in India: Contemporary and
Evolving Paradigms, edited by Banibrata Mahanta and Rajesh Babu Sharma,